Create new Dashboards from your Spreadsheet.com homepage.
Creating new Dashboards is similar to creating new workbooks and Reports.
How to Create a New Dashboard
- From your Spreadsheet.com homepage, click one of the New buttons
- Select New Dashboard from the dialog
- Assign your new Dashboard a name, specify a location, and click Save
Setting up and configuring a new Dashboard is a two-step process: (1) Selecting source sheets, and (2) adding widgets.
Source sheets are the worksheets that feed information into your Dashboard. The number of source sheets that can be connected to a Dashboard is dependent on your Spreadsheet.com plan:
- Free: 1 source sheet per Dashboard
- Standard: 2 source sheets per Dashboard
- Premium and Enterprise: Unlimited source sheets per Dashboard
To select source sheets for your Dashboard,
- Click the Source sheets button in the upper left corner of your Dashboard
- From the left side of the dialog, toggle the checkboxes next to the worksheets you want to link with your Dashboard
- Click Done when you’ve finished making your selections
Source sheets can be added to or removed from your Dashboard at any time. To remove a source sheet from your Dashboard, click the x next to the worksheet name in the source sheets dialog.
How to Add Dashboard Widgets
Widgets are the modular components that make up the modular Dashboard grid. To add a new widget to your Dashboard,
- Click the + Add a widget button
- Select a widget type from the dropdown list
Widgets can be resized and moved around your Dashboard using the drag handles and arrows on each side of the widget that appear when you hover over it.
How to Configure Dashboard Widgets
Each widget type has its own set of configuration options. To access these options…
- Click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the widget you want to configure
- Select Configure from the dropdown
Learn More: Dashboards
Dashboards can help you better analyze and communicate the information in your Spreadsheet.com workbooks. Learn more with these resources:
- “Introduction to Dashboards” – Learn more about how and when you can use Dashboards
- “Creating a New Dashboard” – Learn how to create and configure new Dashboards
- “Widget Types” – Learn more about widgets, the modular pieces that make up each Dashboard
- “Sharing Dashboards” – Learn how to share your Dashboards with other Spreadsheet.com users or with the public