Move rows by dragging and dropping them from one location to another.
Like most traditional spreadsheet software, rows in Spreadsheet.com workbooks can be moved from one place to another by dragging and dropping them.
How to Move Rows
To move rows from one location to another:
- Select the row or rows you want to move by selecting the row indices on the left side of the row
- Click and drag the row indices up and down to the desired location, and release to place them
Use the red indicator line to identify where the moved rows will be placed.
Moving Row Hierarchies
Rows that are part of row hierarchies can be moved. When a parent row is moved, all of its descendant rows will be moved as well.
When a descendant row is moved, it will be moved independent of any parent rows and can be moved out of its current row hierarchy entirely.
If you move a row to a location between a parent and child row, it will automatically become part of that hierarchy.
More Resources: Organizing Workbook Data
Learn more about Spreadsheet.com features that help you organize your workbook data with these resources:
- “Sorting and Row Order” – Learn how to organize your data by sorting it by values in one or more columns
- “Filtering and Row Visibility” – Learn how to hide rows from your View by applying filtering rules
- “Grouping Rows” – Learn how to automatically organize your View into groups of rows based on shared values in one or more columns
- “Hiding and Moving Columns” – Learn how to hide columns from your current View