With Spreadsheet AI’s natural language processing, you can generate a new workbook with sample data by describing the structure and content of what you want to create.
Spreadsheet.com’s Generate with AI feature lets you create a new AI-generated workbook from a simple description of what you want to create. Write a simple description like…
- A CRM opportunity tracker like Salesforce
- An internal support ticket system with a Form View
- A task list for a kitchen renovation project
- An applicant tracking system like Greenhouse
…and Spreadsheet.com will generate a new workbook – formatted with Data Types and populated with sample data – that matches your description.
How to Generate a New Workbook with AI
To generate a new workbook with AI,
- From the Workspaces sidebar, click the +New button and select Generate with AI when prompted
- Assign the workbook a name, select a location, and click the Save button
- Describe the workbook you want to create in the Generate with AI dialog, select the number of rows of sample data you want to populate the workbook, and click Generate
- Review the data and click Keep to save it, or revise your prompt and click Regenerate
Generating a New Workbook with AI
When you opt to create a new workbook via Generate with AI, you will be prompted to describe the worksheet you’d like to create.
Enter a description in the text field, or choose from one of the provided suggestions. Use the dropdown selector in the bottom left corner to specify the number of rows of sample data you want to populate the worksheet with. Then, click Generate to create the worksheet.
Once the worksheet has been generated, you will be prompted to keep it or to adjust your prompt and regenerate the worksheet.
Generating Additional Worksheets with AI
You can also use the Generate with AI feature to create new worksheets in any existing Spreadsheet.com workbook. Within a workbook, click the + button in the bottom left corner of the browser window and select Generate with AI from the menu.
You will be prompted with the same dialog as when generating a new workbook with AI.
Learn More: Spreadsheet AI
Learn more about Spreadsheet AI, a powerful suite of features that bring the power of generative AI into your Spreadsheet.com workbooks, with these articles:
- “Generating Cell Content with AI” – Learn how Spreadsheet AI can generate content for individual workbook cells
- “Generating Formulas with AI” – Learn how Spreadsheet AI can generate spreadsheet formulas from simple descriptions
- “Introduction to OpenAI Integration” – Learn how to use the OPENAI_COMPLETE function to harness the power of OpenAI models in your workbooks and generate content with fine-tuned queries