Returns the product of a series of numbers and/or cells.
PRODUCT(value1, value2, ...)
- value1 - The number or range of numbers to multiply.
- value2, ... - [OPTIONAL] Additional numbers or ranges to calculate for the product.
- PRODUCT(-5, 10) returns a value of -50.
- PRODUCT(C5, C6) returns the product of the numbers contained in the two cells: C5 and C6.
- PRODUCT(A1:C2) returns the result of the multiplication of all the numbers contained in the range of cells. This function multiplies the numbers in cells A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2.
- PRODUCT(A1:C2,10) multiplies the numbers in cells A1 through C2 and then multiplies the result by 10.
- If an argument is a range, only numbers in the range are multiplied. Empty cells, logical values, and text in the array or reference are ignored.