Returns the difference between two complex numbers.
- complex_number1 - The first complex number, from which to subtract complex_number2.
- complex_number2 - The second complex number, to subtract from complex_number1.
IMSUB("3+4i","1+2i") returns a value of "2+2i".
IMSUB(C5,C6) returns the difference between the complex numbers contained in the two cells: C5 and C6.
- The difference between two complex numbers is:
- (a+bi) - (c+di) = (a-c) + (b-d)i
- You can subtract two complex numbers only if they have the same suffix (i or j).