Returns a date a specified number of months before or after a given date.
- start_date - The date from which to calculate the result.
- months - [OPTIONAL] The number of months before or after start_date.
EDATE(DATE(2019,7,20),1) returns the date, one month after the given date.
EDATE(DATE(2019,7,20),-2) returns the date, two months before the given date.
- EDATE does not auto-convert number formats. Therefore, EDATE(10/10/2000) is interpreted as EDATE(0.05) , the quotient of 10 divided by 10 divided by 2000.
- Problems can occur if dates are entered as text. You can use the DATE function to enter a date. For example, use DATE(2020,2,3) for the 3rd day of January, 2020.
- You can also use other functions which return a date object. (For example: DATEVALUE).
- Decimal inputs will be truncated.