Returns the date on the last day of a month that falls before/after a given date.
- start_date - The date from which to calculate the result.
- months - The number of months before or after start_date.
EOMONTH(C5,1) returns the date of the last day of the month, one month after the date in C5.
EOMONTH(C5,-1) returns the date of the last day of the month, one month before the date in C5.
- Ensure that start_date is a valid date, and that start_date plus or minus months yields a valid date.
- Non-integer arguments to months will have their decimal components truncated.
- EOMONTH does not auto-convert number formats. Therefore, EOMONTH(10/10/2000,1) is interpreted as EOMONTH(0.05,1), the quotient of 10 divided by 10 divided by 2000.