Returns a segment of a string.
MID(text, start_at, length)
- text - The text to extract a segment form.
- start_at - Specifies the character at which to start the extraction
- length - The length of the segment to extract
MID("creative",4,2) returns the "at".
MID(C5,3,5) returns the segment of text in cell C5 that starts at character 3 and is 5 characters long.
- If the end of text is reached before length characters are encountered, MID returns the characters from start_at to the end of text .
- To return the contents from start_at to the end of text , use LEN to calculate the length of the string that will be returned rather than simply specifying a large number for length .
- To return the contents of text beginning with a particular character or sub-string, use SEARCH to locate the index of the desired point.