Rounds a number up to the nearest integer multiple of specified significance. If the number is positive or negative, it is rounded up.
- number - The number to be rounded.
- significance - [OPTIONAL] The number to whose multiples the value will be rounded.
CEILING.PRECISE(52.5, 10) returns a value of 60.
CEILING.PRECISE(A4, A5) rounds the number in A4 to the nearest integer multiple of the number in A5.
- By default, significance is 1 for positive numbers.
- The CEILING.PRECISE function returns the mathematical ceiling irrespective of the signs of number and significance.
- By default, positive numbers with decimal places are rounded up to the nearest integer.
- By default, negative numbers with decimal places are rounded up towards zero to the nearest integer. For example, -2.6 is rounded up to -2.