Returns the number of elements within a cell range that meet multiple criteria.
COUNTIFS( B1:B25 ,">10",C1:C25 ,"<20")
COUNTIFS(range1, criteria1, [range2,..], [criteria2,..])
- range1 - The cells to which the first criteria is applied.
- criteria1 - The pattern or test to apply to the first range.
- range2,.. - [OPTIONAL] The cells to which the respective criteria is applied.
- criteria2,.. - [OPTIONAL] The pattern or test to apply to the respective range.
COUNTIFS( B1:B25 ,">10",C1:C25 ,"<20") returns a count of the number of rows that meet the first criteria, and also the second criteria.
- Any additional ranges must contain the same number of rows and columns as range1.
- Ensure that criteria1, criteria2,.. are in quotation marks.
- criteria can contain wildcard characters. Currently, the use of asterisk (*) is supported.
- An asterisk matches any sequence of characters.
- To match an actual asterisk, type a tilde (~) before the character. For example: (~*).