Returns the result of multiplication of a series of complex numbers.
- complex_number1 - The first complex number to multiply.
- complex_number2 - [OPTIONAL] Additional numbers or ranges to calculate for the product.
IMPRODUCT("1+2i","3+4i") returns a value of "-5+10i".
IMPRODUCT(C5, C6) returns the product of the complex numbers contained in the two cells: C5 and C6.
- The product of two complex numbers is:
- (a+bi) * (c+di) = (ac-bd) + (ad+bc)i
- You can multiply complex numbers only if they have the same suffix (i or j).