You may already know that Spreadsheet.com workbooks are more than traditional spreadsheets. Similarly, the Spreadsheet.com home page is more than just a place to store workbooks. Your home page lets you create, organize, search, and control access to all of your workbooks in one place. With workspace navigation and resources on the left sidebar and the main work area in the center, you can create, manage, and share folders and workbooks across all of the workspaces you have access to.
A Spreadsheet.com Workspace is where folders and workbooks live. Workbooks can be organized into one or more Folders. Licensed users in an workspace can create any number of folders and workbooks within them.
- The Spreadsheet.com Home page
- The Navigation and Workspace Sidebar
- Workspace Area (4)
Your Spreadsheet.com workspace is your place for organizing work and collaborating with other people. You can create any number of workbooks within your workspace and organize them into folders.
By default, your workspace's name is your email address. You may want to change it to something descriptive like "Blender Studios" to describe the team or project it will be used for.
You can change your workspace's name and other settings by clicking the workspace Settings icon at the right.
Folders are for organizing work within a workspace. Folders can contain any number of items and can be shared with any number of people. You can create a new folder within your workspace, invite collaborators to your folder, move workbooks around in your folder, and delete folders all from your Spreadsheet.com Home page
The Spreadsheet.com Home page
All of your workspaces, folders, and workbooks are visible from the Spreadsheet.com Home page. Click on the Spreadsheet.com logo at any time to return to the Home page.
The Navigation and Workspaces Sidebar
On the left side of the Home page you have multiple navigation options, can quickly see all your workspaces, and have access to some Spreadsheet.com resources (like these support articles).
Search, Favorites, & Recent (1)
At the top of the sidebar are a few navigation options, including:
- Search - Good for finding workbooks. Type the name of an folder or workbook you are looking for into the search bar and Spreadsheet.com will show you relevant results. Workspaces and folders with matching names will appear in the left navigation bar while workbooks with matching names will appear in the center workspace.
- Favorites - Clicking on Favorites will show you all workbooks you have favorited with the star icon . You can favorite a workbook either in the workspace section of your homepage or in the workbook itself :
- Recent - The recent navigation link connects you to a window showing the workbooks you have most recently accessed.
Under the workbook navigation options is a folder display, showing all the workspaces and folders you have access to.
The arrow next to each workspace name allows you to collapse or expand the folders under that workspace in the sidebar, which is particularly useful when you have a large number of workspaces and folders to navigate between.
Also, each workspace or folder is a link you can click on to navigate to that workspace or folder. There are also options to add new folders and workbooks, change settings, or move folders and workspaces.
Moving Folders and Workspaces
Mousing over each workspace and folder name reveals a drag handle ⠿ that you can use to reorder workspaces and folders on your homepage. In the animation below we click on workspaces and folders to jump to views of those, and then move both the MS Paper Company workspace and the Plan to Win Customers folder.
At the bottom of the left sidebar is a series of Resources you can access to help you navigate and use Spreadsheet.com.
- Templates - Custom spreadsheet templates, like product launch plans, a simple CRM solution, inventory management, and more.
- Help Center - Our Help Center includes guides like this one, or our Quick Start Guides, Using Spreadsheet.com guides, and Function guides.
- Community - Use the Spreadsheet.com to ask questions and chat with the Spreadsheet.com team and users.
- What's new - Our updates on the latest developments in Spreadsheet.com
Workspace Area (4)
In the middle of the homepage are all the workbooks, workspaces, and folders you have access to. From here you can create new (workbooks and folders), change your workspace settings, import new workbooks, share workbooks, and more.
To the right side of your workspace name there may be two different icons (depending on whether you have access).
- New folder - Any user who is a licensed user on your workspace have the ability to create new folders that they can then share freely.
- Workspace settings - System Admins of your workspace have access to the worksapce settings dialog box from which they can change the workspace name, manage users on that workspace,handle billing, payments, and more.
Note: The workspace settings options are different from the Personal Settings feature that you can access through your profile picture.
New Folders, Sharing Folders, & Deleting Folders
- To create a new folder, use the New folder button to the right of your workspace name. This is different from the New workbook button, and can only be accesses if you are a licensed user on the workspace If you do not see the New folder button the right of an workspace name, then contact your Spreadsheet.com System Administration to be added as a licensed user to your team's workspace. For complete details, see our article on Creating a New Folder.
- To share a folder, use the Share folder button to the right of your folder name. For complete details, see our article on Folder Sharing and Permissions.
- To delete a folder, right-click on the folder's name or click on the drop-down arrow in the folder name, and select Delete.
Note: Folders must be empty of all workbooks to be deleted.
For complete details, see our article on Deleting a Folder.
To rename a folder, right-click on the folder's name or click on the drop-down arrow next to the folder name, and select Rename.
From here an Update Workspace dialog box will appear.
Here you can change the Folder's name and click Save to record the change.