Calculates the payment on the principal of an investment based on constant-amount periodic payments and a constant interest rate.
PPMT(rate, period, total_periods, present_value, [future_value], [type])
- rate - The annualized rate of interest.
- period - The period for which you want to find the interest payment.
- total_periods - The total number of payment periods.
- present_value - The present value of the annuity.
- future_value - [OPTIONAL] The future value remaining after the final payment has been made.
- type - [OPTIONAL] The due date type for the payment – at the beginning (0) or end of each period (1).
PPMT(C5,C6,10,C7) returns the principal payment for year 10 of the loan.