Returns the depreciation of an asset for a specified period using the arithmetic declining balance method.
DB(cost, salvage, life, period, [month])
- cost - The initial cost of the asset.
- salvage - The value at the end of the depreciation.
- life - The number of periods over which the asset is depreciated.
- period - Period for which to calculate the depreciation.
- month - [OPTIONAL] The number of months in the first year.
DB(100,50,10,2) returns the depreciation for the tenth year, with only 2 months considered in the first year.
DB(A1,A2,A3,1,7) returns the depreciation for the first year, with only 7 months considered.
- life and period must be measured in the same units.