Calculates the sum of squares of deviations based on a sample.
DEVSQ(value1, [value2, ...])
- value1 - The first number or range of the sample.
- value2, .. - [OPTIONAL] Additional numbers or ranges to include in the sample.
DEVSQ(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) returns a value of 82.5.
DEVSQ(A2:A6) returns the Sum of squares of deviations of data above from their sample mean.
- A minimum of two values must be supplied as value arguments. Else, DEVSQ will return a value of 0.
- DEVSQ will ignore any text values found in ranges included in
- DEVSQ is equivalent to the variance of a sample multiplied by the number of elements in the sample minus one.