MAX(value1, [value2, ...])
- value1 - The first value or range to consider while calculating the maximum value.
- value2, .. - [OPTIONAL] Additional numbers or ranges to consider.
MAX(20,30) returns a value of 30.
MAX(A2:A6) returns the largest number in the range A2 through A6.
MAX(A1:B2,5) returns the largest number among the numbers contained in cells A1 through B2 and the number 5.
- Arguments must be a cell, a number, or a range containing numbers.
- Cells without numbers or ranges are ignored.
- If you want to include logical values and text representations of numbers in a reference as part of the calculation, use the MAXA function.