Calculates the future value of an annuity investment based on a constant interest rate.
FV(rate, total_periods, payment_amount, [future_value], [type])
- rate - The annualized rate of interest.
- total_periods - The total number of payment periods.
- payment_amount - The amount to be paid per period.
- present_value - [OPTIONAL] The present value of the annuity.
- type - [OPTIONAL] The due date type for the payment – at the beginning (0) or end of each period (1).
FV(0.01,12,-1000) returns the value: 12682.5
- Ensure that consistent units are used for rate, total_periods and payment_amount.