Calculates the number of payment periods for an investment based on constant-amount periodic payments and a constant interest rate.
NPER(rate, payment_amount, present_value, [future_value], [type])
- rate - The rate of interest.
- payment_amount - The amount of each payment made.
- present_value - The present value of the investment.
- future_value - [OPTIONAL] The future value remaining after the final payment has been made.
- type - [OPTIONAL] The due date type for the payment – at the beginning (0) or end of each period (1).
NPER(3,550,4000) returns -2.25, the number of payment periods for the investment.
NPER(C2,C3,C4,C5) returns the periods for the investment with the given terms.
- Ensure that consistent units are used for rate and payment_amount.