Calculates the present value of an annuity investment based on a constant interest rate.
PV(rate, total_periods, payment_amount, [future_value], [type])
- rate - The annualized rate of interest.
- total_periods - The total number of payment periods.
- payment_amount - The amount to be paid per period.
- future_value - [OPTIONAL] The future value remaining after the final payment has been made.
- type - [OPTIONAL] The due date type for the payment – at the beginning (0) or end of each period (1).
PV(200,12,50) returns -0.25, the present value of the annuity.
- Ensure that consistent units are used for rate, total_periods and payment_amount.