Returns the depreciation of an asset for a specified period using the double declining balance method.
DDB(cost, salvage, life, period, [factor])
- cost - The initial cost of the asset.
- salvage - The value at the end of the depreciation.
- life - The number of periods over which the asset is depreciated.
- period - Period for which to calculate the depreciation.
- factor - [OPTIONAL] The rate at which the depreciation decreases.
DDB(100,50,10,2) returns the depreciation for the tenth year. The default factor is 2.
DDB(A1,A2,A3,1,1.5) returns the depreciation for the first year using a factor of 1.5.
- life and period must be measured in the same units.
- While DDB calculates double-declining depreciation by default, the use of factor allows specification of other methods.