Calculates the internal rate of return for an investment where the payments occur at regular intervals, such as monthly or annually.
- values - The series of payments entered as a cell reference.
- guess - [OPTIONAL] Estimated internal rate of return value. The default is 10%.
IRR(A3:A7) calculates the internal rate of return for payments A3:A7, with an internal rate of return value of 10%.
- If the days specified in dates are at an irregular interval, use XIRR instead.
- Each cell in values should be positive if it represents income from the perspective of the owner of the investment or negative if it represents payments.
- values must contain at least one negative and one positive cash flow to calculate rate of return.