Probability that a value falls between two limits.
PROB(range, probabilities, lower_limit, [upper_limit])
- range - The array or range containing the dataset to consider.
- probabilities - The set of probabilities corresponding to values in 'range'.
- lower_limit - The lower bound on the value range for which to calculate the probability.
- upper_limit - [OPTIONAL] The upper bound on the value range for which to calculate the probability.
PROB(A1:A100,B1:B100,10,20) returns the probability that values in A1:A100 range fall between 10 and 20.
- The number of values in range and probabilities must be the same.
- If upper_limit is omitted, PROB calculates the probability that a value chosen at random is exactly equal to lower_limit.
- Each value in probabilities must be greater than
0and less than or equal to
- The sum of all values in probabilities must be equal to 1.