Converts a random variable to a normalized value.
STANDARDIZE(number, mean, standard_deviation)
- number - The value which is to be normalized.
- mean - The arithmetic mean of the distribution.
- standard_deviation - The standard deviation of the distribution.
STANDARDIZE(42,40,1.5) returns 1.3333, the normalized value of 42 using 40 as the arithmetic mean and 1.5 as the standard deviation.
- For a given dataset, mean can be calculated using AVERAGE or its related functions and standard_deviation can be calculated using STDEV or its related functions.
- standard_deviation must be greater than 0.