Calculates standard deviation based on an entire population, setting text to the value ‘0’.
STDEVPA(value1, [value2, ...])
- value1 - The first number or range of the population.
- value2, .. - [OPTIONAL] Additional numbers or ranges to include in the population.
STDEVPA(1,2,3,4) returns a value of 1.118
STDEVPA(A2:A6) returns the returns the standard deviation of the numbers in cells A2 through A6, assuming this to be the complete dataset.
- A minimum of two values must be supplied as value arguments. Else, STDEVPA will return an error.
- STDEVPA will interpret text values as 0. To ignore any cells that include text and logical values, use STDEVP.
- STDEVPA calculates variance for the entire population. To calculate variance for a sample, use STDEVA.