Returns the content of cell(s) specified by the row and column number indexes.
INDEX(reference, [row], [column])
- reference - The array or range of cells.
- row - [OPTIONAL] The row in array from which to return a value.
- column - [OPTIONAL] The column in array from which to return a value.
INDEX(A1:H25,5,5) returns the value at the intersection of the fifth row and fifth column in the range A2:H25.
INDEX(A1:H25,2,2) returns the value at the intersection of the second row and second column in the range A1:H25.
- If both the row and column arguments are specified, INDEX returns the value in the cell at the intersection of the row and column.
- row and column must point to a cell within reference.