Rounds a number down to the nearest integer multiple of specified significance factor.
- number - The number to be rounded.
- factor - [OPTIONAL] The number to whose multiples the value will be rounded.
FLOOR.MATH(3.7,2) rounds 3.7 down to nearest multiple of 2. and returns 2.
FLOOR.MATH(-3.7,2) rounds 3.7 down to nearest multiple of 2. and returns 2.
- If either argument is nonnumeric, FLOOR.MATH returns the #VALUE! error value.
- If number is positive and factor is negative, FLOOR.MATH returns the #NUM! error value.
- If number is positive, it is rounded down towards zero. If number is negative, it is rounded away from zero.
- If number is an exact multiple of factor, no rounding occurs.