Rounds a number down to the nearest integer multiple of specified significance factor.
- number - The number to be rounded.
- factor - [OPTIONAL] The number to whose multiples the value will be rounded.
FLOOR.PRECISE(5.7,2) rounds 5.7 down to nearest multiple of 2, and returns 4.
FLOOR.PRECISE(-5.7,2) rounds 5.7 down to nearest multiple of 2, and returns -6.
- If either argument is nonnumeric, FLOOR.PRECISE returns the #VALUE! error value.
- If number is positive and factor is negative, FLOOR.PRECISE returns the #NUM! error value.
- If number is positive, it is rounded down towards zero. If number is negative, it is rounded away from zero.
- If number is an exact multiple of factor, no rounding occurs.